LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS
– OHSA – 25(2)(A), (D) and (H), Section 27 & 28
– OHSA – Regulation 851 – Section 85
Participants will receive training in the following elements:
- Duties and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and those of workers
- Three Basic Rights of Workers
- Regulation 851- sections that discuss the protection of workers who are working at heights
- What is Fall Prevention
- What is Fall Arrest
- How to use ladders safely
- Scaffold systems
- Elevated work platforms- tie offs and safe usage.
- Lifting Cages – the do’s and don’ts
- Protective covers
- Guardrail systems
- Travel Restraint systems
- Fall Arrest Systems including Life Lines
- Safe anchor systems
- Shock absorbers- do you have the right one?
- Fall Arrest Planning
- Emergency Rescue- Are you prepared?
Who Should Attend?
This is a required training program for those working at heights, at a risk of a fall into equipment or liquids or a fall of 3 metres or more
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Construction Safety Trainers
Construction Safety Trainers Inc. a division of Industrial Safety Trainers, operates out of a state-of-the-art facility in Barrie Ontario, and employs 17 consultants, trainers and support staff. We have recently expanded to create a satellite office in Eastern Ontario and Iqaluit Nunavut, serving a diverse clientele across Canada.
As Ministry of Labour authorized providers of Safety Representative Certification training, we are one of Ontario’s largest independent providers of Health & Safety programs, consulting and training. Our team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience.
We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied. Our services are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at no extra charge.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”