This program meets the highest recognized safety standard for forklift safety certification, CSA Standard B355/15. Our goal for this course is to have forklift operators be able to demonstrate their skills on the equipment they will be using and in the environment they will be working in.
This program covers the following elements:
- The legal requirements
- Causes of forklift related accidents
- Hazards associated with the operation of a forklift, equipment, environment, and materials you handle
- How to ensure the safety of other workers in the area
- How to Inspect your lift truck
- Lift truck stability triangle and trapezoid, centre of gravity load, capacity of your lift truck or forklift
- The effects of speed, acceleration, sharp cornering, etc.
- Main components of the lift truck with emphasis on the lifting/handling systems and their basic functions
- The hazards associated with the workplace in which he/she will be working. Creation of Safety Rules to follow
- Fueling of a lift truck including Propane, Diesel and Batteries (If your forklifts use propane, your operators are required to undergo training in the safe use and handling of propane cylinders and Propane Cylinder Exchange under TSSA standards)
- How operators can make a difference
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
As laid out in Occupational Health and Safety Act, S 25(2)(A),(D) and (H) Regulation 851 has been amended to include the requirement for training and certification of powered lift truck operators. Employers are now required to ensure that workers have received instruction, training and testing in the operation of powered lift trucks and forklifts. Workers must be familiar with the operating procedures of the truck or forklift that they will be operating and able to demonstrate competency in accordance with the Ministry of Labour’s “Guideline for The Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Trucks.”
Who Should Attend?
Mandatory training program for all those who are authorized to operate forklifts classes I, II, IV, V. And for those who supervise workers who operate lift trucks
The Safety Bus
Do you also need..
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Construction Safety Trainers
Construction Safety Trainers Inc. a division of Industrial Safety Trainers, operates out of a state-of-the-art facility in Barrie Ontario, and employs 17 consultants, trainers and support staff. We have recently expanded to create a satellite office in Eastern Ontario and Iqaluit Nunavut, serving a diverse clientele across Canada.
As Ministry of Labour authorized providers of Safety Representative Certification training, we are one of Ontario’s largest independent providers of Health & Safety programs, consulting and training. Our team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience.
We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied. Our services are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at no extra charge.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”