LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
- Introduction to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- A Review of the Internal Responsibility System Including the Roles and Responsibilities of Employers, Supervisors, and Workers: OHSA Sections 25—28
- Responsibilities of Health and Safety Representatives: OHSA Section 8
- Powers of Ministry of Labour Inspectors: OHSA Section 54
- Issuing of Orders: OHSA Section 55
- Notices of Compliance: OHSA Section 59
- Offences and Penalties: OHSA Section 66
Participants will receive training in the following elements:
- Understanding the Occupational Health & Safety Act and why Health & Safety is so important
- Roles & Responsibilities and the Internal Responsibility System
- Responsibilities of a Supervisor as well as that of a Health and Safety Representative
- Recognition, Assessment, Controls, and Evaluation
- Identifying Hazards in the workplace
- Workplace Inspection Basics
- Accident / Incident Investigation Essentials
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, Managers, Any person who is in authority of another person. Safety Representatives / JHSC Members
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Construction Safety Trainers
Construction Safety Trainers Inc. a division of Industrial Safety Trainers, operates out of a state-of-the-art facility in Barrie Ontario, and employs 17 consultants, trainers and support staff. We have recently expanded to create a satellite office in Eastern Ontario and Iqaluit Nunavut, serving a diverse clientele across Canada.
As Ministry of Labour authorized providers of Safety Representative Certification training, we are one of Ontario’s largest independent providers of Health & Safety programs, consulting and training. Our team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience.
We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied. Our services are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at no extra charge.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”