Legal Requirements as Required By the OHSA and Regulations:
- Under Section 25 (2)(c) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, it states that “An employer shall ensure that when appointing a supervisor, appoint a competent person” Section 25(2)(a) says that employers are required to “provide instruction and supervision to a worker to protect the health or safety of the worker”.
- Section 51 and 52 of OHSA, discusses what employers are required to do in the event of serious accidents at the workplace.
- WSIB WorkWell audit section 2.1(c) and 6.1(h) both require the employer to demonstrate that they have provided training to supervisors.
Course Content / Elements Covered:
- This program goes through the six steps in an effective Accident Investigation to determine the Root Causes of the accident.
- Participants will investigate a mock accident
- A review of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and what it says is required for notification.
This course is also offered online for $24.95. Click here for details regarding e-Learning modules and account registration. See `Workplace Accident Investigations`in the Course Library.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, Managers, Safety Representatives / JHSC Members
The Safety Bus
* price does not include HST
* travel costs may apply
- Wall Certificate
- Forms and Templates
- Records of Training
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Construction Safety Trainers
Construction Safety Trainers Inc. a division of Industrial Safety Trainers, operates out of a state-of-the-art facility in Barrie Ontario, and employs 17 consultants, trainers and support staff. We have recently expanded to create a satellite office in Eastern Ontario and Iqaluit Nunavut, serving a diverse clientele across Canada.
As Ministry of Labour authorized providers of Safety Representative Certification training, we are one of Ontario’s largest independent providers of Health & Safety programs, consulting and training. Our team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience.
We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied. Our services are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at no extra charge.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”