Legal Requirements as Required By the OHSA and Regulations
Participants will receive training in Legislation as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and it’s Regulations and in the safe use of exchanging cylinders on lifting devices.
- Regulation 851, Sections 79-84
- Personal Protective Equipment
- The Canada Labour Code, Part XII, Sections 12.1-12.9
- National Standard of Canada Propane Installation, Code B149.2 – M95
- Storage of Cylinders for Commercial Use
Participants Will Receive Training in The Following Elements:
- Smell, Toxicity and Hazards of Propane
- Leak Testing
- Specific Gravity/Density
- Boiling Point
- Flammability Limits
- Proper Handling and Storage Requirements
- Cylinder Specifications and Components
- Extinguishing Fires
- Installation and Removal of Cylinders
- Health Hazards, First Aid and Emergency Response
- Carbon Monoxide
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Sample Propane Material Safety Data Sheet
Who Should Attend?
This is a MANDATORY Training program for anyone who is authorized to handle and change Propane Cylinders
The Safety Bus
Do you also need..
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Construction Safety Trainers
Construction Safety Trainers Inc. a division of Industrial Safety Trainers, operates out of a state-of-the-art facility in Barrie Ontario, and employs 17 consultants, trainers and support staff. We have recently expanded to create a satellite office in Eastern Ontario and Iqaluit Nunavut, serving a diverse clientele across Canada.
As Ministry of Labour authorized providers of Safety Representative Certification training, we are one of Ontario’s largest independent providers of Health & Safety programs, consulting and training. Our team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience.
We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied. Our services are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at no extra charge.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”