LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: Under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, it states that employers are required to employ only “COMPETENT PERSONS AS SUPERVISORS”
NEW SAFETY LEGISLATION WILL INCLUDE MANDATORY TRAINING FOR SUPERVISOR AND BUSINESS OWNERS.
We will discuss what the Safety Act defines as:
- How to read the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations for Construction Projects
- Definition of Competent Person: Section 1(1)
- General Duties of Employers, Supervisors & Employees: Section 25, 26, 27 & 28
- Duties and responsibilities of Constructors, Employers, Supervisors, and Workers.
- Understand offences and penalties for non-compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
- Review of Construction Regulations that affect the job site for high risk activities including: Filing Notices, Posted Materials, Workplace Violence and Harassment , Safe trenching and Excavation, Operating Moving Equipment in Reverse on Job Sites, Using Backhoes & other requirements.
Other discussions will include:
- Performing Risk Assessments and Job Planning
- Work Stoppage and Work Refusal Process and the role of the Supervisor
- Accident Reporting and Investigation Requirements
- Workplace Inspection Requirements
Who Should Attend?
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Construction Safety Trainers
Construction Safety Trainers Inc. a division of Industrial Safety Trainers, operates out of a state-of-the-art facility in Barrie Ontario, and employs 17 consultants, trainers and support staff. We have recently expanded to create a satellite office in Eastern Ontario and Iqaluit Nunavut, serving a diverse clientele across Canada.
As Ministry of Labour authorized providers of Safety Representative Certification training, we are one of Ontario’s largest independent providers of Health & Safety programs, consulting and training. Our team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience.
We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied. Our services are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at no extra charge.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”